School Facilities and Hire
Margaret Hendry School is located in Taylor at the heart of northern Gungahlin. The school offers a range of modern spaces for hire by the local community.
Working in partnership with other cultural, community and sporting organisations enriches the range of out of school activities available in our local area. By offering a variety of facilities, Margaret Hendry School can support students, their families, and the wider community.
- Multipurpose room with kitchen facilities
- Hall/gymnasium with kitchen facilities
- Six outdoor playing fields (to be released)
- Two hard surface sporting courts
Facilities can be hired on a one-off or regular basis for meetings and activities by community groups and organisations. Evening and weekend bookings are available.
The hiring group or organisation must hold current Public Liability Insurance of a minimum $20,000,000.
Please be aware that:
- No food or drinks to be taken into the hall space however the entrance can be used for this purpose and community kitchen can be hired for additional cost.
- Alcohol is not allowed on premises.
- High heels cannot be worn on hall floor.
- AV facilities are available, screen, sound and VGA/HDMI ports are available
- Chairs and Tables are available for use on request.
- Hire times/charges are to include setup and pack up time
Last year during the COVID-19 pandemic the ACT Government committed to support the community by waiving the majority of fees and charges for the community use of school facilities. This waiver will expired on 31 March 2021.
The Education Directorate would like to advise you that fees and charges associated with community use of school facilities will be re-introduced from 1st April 2021.
The Education Directorate reminds you that the current COVID-19 pandemic is continuing, and we recommend that you regularly check the ACT Health website for the latest COVID-19 advice at https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/ and the Australian Government Department of Health website at www.health.gov.au/covid19-resources to ensure your organisation is complying with the requirements for the use of the school space you hire.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Strategic Procurement via email at EDUStrategicProcurement@act.gov.au.