Week 1 Term 3
The P&C executive members ran a fantastic workshop during the school holidays. Some great plans made in response to community feedback and clear actions in place. Workshopping with the senior leadership of the school to progress our school improvement journey as a united team 🐝
The Margaret Hendry Parents & Citizens Association (P&C) links the school with the broader community. It is a reciprocal relationship that makes our connection stronger.
Have your say about school matters by joining the P&C. It is your opportunity to be involved at school in a meaningful way.
The P&C fulfils many vital roles in the school including representing the wishes of the community, fundraising, organising events, and generally collaborating with the staff to ensure a positive learning environment for students.
P&C meetings are held twice a term in the Community Hub. Specific times and dates are advertised on our Facebook page and on this website. All parents and carers are encouraged to join.
If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or come and see one of us in the playground before or after school!
Meet your P&C!
- President - Emma Clisby
- Vice President - Rebecca Rayner
- Treasurer - Skye Ward
- Secretary - Kristy Davis
- Council delegate - Preethi Arvind
- Public Officer - Elizabeth Lawson
Want to help out?
Whether it’s time, expertise, donated goods or $$ we appreciate whatever you can offer.
We ask that each family donate 2 hours of time per term. This can be done in a number of ways:
- P&C Events Email the P&C and they will let you know when the next event is. It could be a BBQ or community event, organising a fundraiser, or helping with meetings. Or maybe you would like to nominate for one of the executive positions?
- Washing We have uniform shop and general linen to wash. Email Tammi and she will pop you on the list to help out. This could be once a week, or as the need happens.
- Uniform Shop. Still In its development stages, we are trying to find helpful members of our community to offer time to run the Uniform Shop in the hub. This would only be half an hour at a time, and we would advertise that the shop is open when you are available. We also appreciate organising skills! Email Tammi or the P&C to let us know your availability.
- I have skills I would like to share… Our community has so many skills and expertise to share! Please fill in this survey to let us know what your passions and skills are.
- Donate - When you are time poor, donating to the school is a great way to help out. Our school has some regular and some one-off needs that you can contribute to.
- Treated Logs and Concrete Pipes- We are re-imaging our play spaces and we need large logs and concrete pipes for our adventure playground. Contact Tammi and Simon for more details.
- Breakfast Club: The club will be run every day in the community hub by our wonderful community volunteers. BUT we need donations!! The next time you go shopping we need cereal donations of
- Rice Bubbles
- Corn Flakes
- Weet Bix
- Sultana Bran.
- vegemite and
- bread for toast.
- We always need milk! UHT would be greatly appreciated.
We can also use:
Anyone is welcome for breakfast. We ask that children wash their own dishes, and that families consider helping out or donate every now and then in return.
You can drop these items in at the office or the community hub in the mornings. Thanks in advance!